Commission an Animal Portrait
It can be a horse, a dog or any animal you want.
When you commission Gunilla Wachtel to do a one of a kind original for you:
- Gunilla will talk to you either via email and/or Skype to discuss the work.
- Good reference photos are a must and you have to have the copyright to use those photos.
- 50% non-refundable down-payment is required before starting work - no exceptions.
A lot. It's really difficult to estimate without the specifics, but an 8" x 10" portrait with no background starts at $2,800 and goes up from there. If you want a bigger portrait, it's more. If you want more subjects than one, it's more. This does not include things such as collecting references, travel etc.Tax and shipping are extra.
Commission Process Explained
1. Contact me via the contact page. Let me know what size artwork, how many subjects etc and I can quote you a price. Please allow at least 2 business days for a response.
2. After that I'll give you an email to which you can send photos for the portrait or custom artwork. Once I approve the photos, I'll email or mail you a commission contract.
3. If there is a waiting list, you will be notified thereof. 3. 50% non-refundable down-payment is due before starting the work - no exceptions.
You will be provided with a photographic proof or scan of what I will be drawing before I begin working on it. This way you'll know exactly what you will be getting and you can see if you want any changes done in advance.
If more than 2 changes, there are additional fees.
4. You will be emailed a copy-written jpeg or photo of your artwork for final approval. The remaining 50% is due when the drawing is completed.
5. Once I have received the final (and cleared) payment, I will ship your artwork. You get the original matted and framed.
If you did not approve the final scan or photo, I keep the artwork, and you do not pay the remaining balance on your project. However, as stated earlier, the down-payment is non-refundable. We retain the right to create and sell prints from the original artwork unless otherwise agreed upon.
* If you like the drawing and accept the final draft you get the original but I retain the print rights to my artwork.
If you mailed (not e-mailed) me original photos I will return them to you. The artwork however, is my copyright.
All images and artwork are copyrighted by the artist. The rights are not transferred with the sale. I reserve the right to any reproductions of the artwork or images. The copyright of the portrait remains with the artist. Do not reproduce.